Jurassic Park...

Anyone think it could happen in real life? LIke if we had dinosaur DNA do you think we could replicate dinosaurs like in Jurassic park?

No because the onedna molecule of a living organism does not tell how every single of the billions of cells that make up that organism are formed.

Also, You can't recreate life from a dead creature.

I'm sure there is some way.

But not with dinosaurs.

They can though do it with bacteria, etc, but not in the same way. For instance, reviving them. Same with plants.

well i think they will be some day. they've already cloned a sheept wats stopping from a dinasaur?

But they have preserved dinosour blood aswell. It is inside insects that have been trapped in tree sap (amber) for millions of years.

All they have to is extract the blood and there you go, dinosaur DNA.

Yeah but did you see on Jurrasic Park that they sued frog DNA to finish the sequence? i doubt that'd work in real life. Not every sequence would be in a drop of blood. Not everything thats needed anyway.

It's been a while since I saw Jurrasic Park, why did they need frog's dna?

Doesn't every single cell in any one organism contain complete DNA?

And where did they grow the dinosaur?

They are currently carrying out work on recreating the geonome of the Woolly Mammoth and are almost half completed, it is easier to do this then with something like T Rex etc, as there are closer living relatives such as the elephant...

See link below....

Woolley Mammoth

No, the DNA structure would have to be nearly completely intact. They wanted to do this on that Mammoth, but the DNA wasn;t good enough. You need almost perfect DNA to clone somethign. I read this in Popular Science last week. Was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom