Two choices: hard to make

SI-120 w/ Delta Tri-Blade here! :D I get pretty low temps on average. :D

If you won't upgrade for a while, the 7800 GS is pretty good.

kev said:
newegg.com has the 7800GS for cheaper so does Compusa.com

Well, I live in Canada. Even if they would ship, It could endeasily in that range of money.

Did you install the heatsink on the cpu yourself? I'm thinking with those temps you make have over done it with the thermal paste. Too little or too much will not transfer the heat off the cpu well enough. Also if your lacking good air flow through the case then heat build up in the case will affect the cpu temps. That doesn't mean run out and buy more fans, just use common sense when setting it up. The fans in the back draw out the air. While the fans in the front draw air in.
As for water cooling I have to agree it's just for bragging rights. Unless you plan to over clock the duce out of the cpu then air will work just fine. Where you sit the computer will also affect how good it cools. Up on the desk in the airflow of the ac works for mine. On the floor is out as I have carpet and cats. They don't go well together. But if you have a board you can sit yours on may want to consider that. It's colder at floor level.

Mostly fans lack and I need thermal paste...I have none

EDIT: I'm going for 7800gS, fans and thermal paste! If I wait til summerfor the card, is it safe?

get a 6800gs and a $100 water cooling kit. or a better heatsink. cuz you could get 2 really good heatsinks (one for cpu one for gpu) for under 100.

i was hoping that no one would mention the 7800GS and the water cooling...

Believe it or not,I'm buying everything in the local shope. I save more!

lhuser said:
i was hoping that no one would mention the 7800GS and the water cooling...

Believe it or not,I'm buying everything in the local shope. I save more!

i said 6800gs not 7800. its like $100 cheaper

mr.monger said:
i said 6800gs not 7800. its like $100 cheaper

I know. But the thing is that the 6800GS is maybe like $100 cheaper, but the 6600GT is better too. I'm still stuck...I just wish I could buy all three...and then I'd be happy

Back
Top Bottom