sli QUESTION...

pinky4life623

In Runtime
OK everyone knows of the new boards that came out that will support agp and pci-e..well i was wondering if u have a card in each of the 2 slots if u can use them in SLI mode like using to 7800 GTX's?

Those pci-e and AGP boards rnet really new lol...ive had mine for about 6 months, ive got the Asrock P4 Dual 880 Pro.

And as for the wannabe "SLI" you can use the slots at the same time, I do, it evan suggests you do so on the back of the box lol...

It doesnt have a physical bridge over the cards, you just plug em in, install drivers and off you trot.

pinky4life - Its best to have the two cards at the same specs if you can, if you buy 1xAGP 256mb Nvidia Turbocache card, and 1X PCI-E 256mb turbocache, this will improve system performace, as the turbocache takes work from the CPU, so two of these, is 512Mb, and the two cards can share resources, but not as well as SLI. But no, performance improves if you have two identicially speced cards...sorry bout speling

Fiercepc - My mobo with an AGP and PCI-E slot, well both the slots can be used at the same time for a wannabe effect of SLI, you do not need a physical bridge, they share resources between a little chip between the two slots, they can be used at the same time for multiple montors, dual monitors whatever you want... comes in handy having two cards, I can game on the better one, while surfing on the other, I plan to buy a PCI video card, so I can have three TFT's running at the same time, one for games (PCI-e) one for surfing, or watching movies (AGP), and one for music and email checking (PCI) - or I MIGHT buy`a few of those USB to VGA, and have evan more monitors

Sorry to of chatted on, but I hope I explained it ok

pinky4life623 said:
that really explained it joxely1990 i relaly get it now
thanks

Dont fancy adding ne rep points do ya? Lol, just joking with ya, the boards are really fantastic if you cant afford proper SLI ones, and they look really nice.

Back
Top Bottom