PayPal: Not as safe as you think!

wow and it actually thought paypal was safe great now wat can we do in the world so we dont get scammed?

yes.. it does suck... but this comment conveys exactly what the problem is...

If you bother to read the T&C's on paypal, you'd know that sending an amount like $3000 dollars is somewhat stupid, paypal was set up to handle small personal payments, it is not an escrow service...I have little sympathy

to pay large amounts you should, pay direct with a credit card, or with a cheque...
pay pal is a small funds transfer system... not a way to transfer thousands of dollars!

He is an idiot. HE paid 3k for somthing like that without doing proper research. I would never give that kinda money out and reliease that I just got srewed. Escrow SERVICE is your friend they'd portect you up to that ammount.

There is something to mention though.

Positive feedack doesn't nessessarily mean anything.

If you look more closely at the postive feedback, it can be only little items they've got feedback from to build up rep. Like maybe, i dont know. Anything cheap that'll go quickly.

Or they can make an account and buy from themselves I'd imagine.

You have to look closely at the rep and what people bought. If people bought rather expesive things and got good feedback, thats alright.

ugh, i hate scammers above almost anything. i know what it feels like from diablo 2:lod online
*shudder* diablo 2

Personally I am very suspicious of buying high cost products from ebay, the suspicious part of me I guess, and well I think it is clear that paypal is only to be used for small sums, I know you can now buy cars and houses and anything like that but to pay that amount from what is a really susceptible site well I can't have much sympathy.

The person I live with, was scammed by an ebay seller luckily it was only £15 but she got that back from paypal, paypal will only cover transactions from certain countries also, if you are buying from japan, china etc then you are stuffed....

Live and learn.......

Back
Top Bottom