Please help...

Reflection

Solid State Member
Ok, I have connect all my parts to my computer. Im pretty sure everything is connected right. When I turn on the computer, all the fans go on even the one in the graphics card, but the front pannel doesnt turn on. The cd drives dont open, and the processor fan doesnt turn on. Did i connect something wrong? Please help. Thanks!

Well, you said when you turn on the computer, you said the front panel doesn't turn on. Define "front panel" - I don't know if you're talking about some kind of LCD screen or what. Make sure you have the motherboard power connector plugged in (there are two of them usually).

By front pannel, I meant the power button. The power connectors are plugged in. Also, the power connector is smaller than the one in the motherboard. Does that matter or not?

Reflection said:
By front pannel, I meant the power button. The power connectors are plugged in. Also, the power connector is smaller than the one in the motherboard. Does that matter or not?

It could cause problems but most of the time it doesn't. What kind of power supply and other parts are you using?

What is the name of the BIOS? How many beeps do you hear? Are you able to boot all the way to the Windows screen? At powerup, do you see the video card name and RAM on the top left hand corner of the screen?

Reflection said:
I cant see anything on the screen. Its a continous beeping sound.

If it sounds like a siren- it's your processor overheating- turn it off quickly!
Have you gottent he processor fan to work yet? I noticed in one post you said it doesn't turn- if it's still not turning- don't leave it on for more than a couple of seconds. Check the heatsink, make sure you applied the proper amount of thermal paste, or tape. If it was a new heatsink, make sure it didn't come with a piece of plastic on it, that's a common mistake when first starting to build computers:D
It could also be other things, such as RAM, or Video, which usually do not output continous beeps. Best case is to check you MB manual, and see what it says. There's not much of a standard anymore concerning this..:eek:

Back
Top Bottom