Frightening stuff

Thats why i use linux on my laptop :D . Why won't your linux work, have you tried ubuntu linux?

Teencompwiz2 said:
Thats why i use linux on my laptop :D . Why won't your linux work, have you tried ubuntu linux?

Yes, it was Ubuntu that utterly destroyed itself. Reinstalled 4 times in 3 days and gave up - root FS was either corrupt or couldn't be found, even after the machine had booted perfectly several times. I tried SimplyMEPIS, it worked fine until it suffered the same fate a few days later...

I don't think my laptop's RAID setup is helping at all.

Have you tired knoppix? It can be downloaded, burned to a cd because it's an .iso and then you restart you're comp and boot from the cd :) and it can be installed to youre HD or a partition if you want :)

malbuc87uk said:
Yes, it was Ubuntu that utterly destroyed itself. Reinstalled 4 times in 3 days and gave up - root FS was either corrupt or couldn't be found, even after the machine had booted perfectly several times. I tried SimplyMEPIS, it worked fine until it suffered the same fate a few days later...

I don't think my laptop's RAID setup is helping at all.

wow, sorry to hear that.

Its just a shecme to scare us off the mission to get teh code reliease. Not only that Xp has been cracked so many times most hackers already know the codes. Trust me if you really know what your doing from what I hear you can crack XP so easy its not funny. So I don't feel threatened by thsi. Also I was talkingt o my computer teacher he describes microsoft like swiss cheese, so many holes just jump in, and if its not big enough just eat a lil bit and try agani. Turst me any demertmined hacker with the right tools, could easly access the codes himself. Heck he prob wouldn't even need tos ee the code to break into it. I know a guy who has a younger person hacked it for teh heck of it. Said its was to easy with a few programing classes, and very basic computer eduaction he was able to figure out how to do it by himself. So they just using them because they didn't wanna release the code. It brings in competition.

most hackers already know the codes

Umm. Hackers don't know the codes... WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT... You can't just decompile a program written in c / c++...

1) there aren't decompilers out there that'd give accurate source code
2) it'd be cryptic
3) they'd have to consider every possible compiler option
4) you'd have to do over 100 million lines of code

Sure you may have a bit of code. But as far as the entire OS goes... I don't think so.

Someone is Simple Minded.. Anyone that thinks that there are restrictions to programming doesn't have a true understanding of it.

There is nothing we can't do, kid.

edit: Also, what do you mean you cant just decompile a program? I do so all the time, edit some of it to make it better, and then reassemble them into working programs. Where do you come off saying such things?

Paradox said:
Someone is Simple Minded.. Anyone that thinks that there are restrictions to programming doesn't have a true understanding of it.

There is nothing we can't do, kid.

edit: Also, what do you mean you cant just decompile a program? I do so all the time, edit some of it to make it better, and then reassemble them into working programs. Where do you come off saying such things?

Lol, kid? Hes 9 years older than you lol

Back
Top Bottom