Next nvidia card AFTER the 7900gtx

allenn812

Daemon Poster
I know the 7900gtx is comming next month. But im likly going to upgrade around the end of august. So my question is, do you think nvidia will have a new card by the begining of september? Will it likly support directx 10 and shader model 4.0? And will it be over $850? (850$ is the max im going to spend on a video card)

Thanks!
Oh yea, will the 7900gtx support Direct x 10 and shader model 4.0?

The rumor has it its suppose to be a 5-6 core GPU, yes direct x 10, and not sure if its coming out around that time, but this is just the rumor has it, shader model 4.0, 2.5 ghz mem clock, and so much more, but this is just a RUMOR, so not sure about the truth.

No doubt in my mind that nvidia is going to release another card after the 7900gtx before the end of the year, since it would be insane for them not to release a new card simeltaneously with the release of Vista.

I hope that my 7800GT will work great with Vista.

Conspirate said:
No doubt in my mind that nvidia is going to release another card after the 7900gtx before the end of the year, since it would be insane for them not to release a new card simeltaneously with the release of Vista.

I hope that my 7800GT will work great with Vista.

Not the end of the year, september! Since there already making games that support direct x 10 and shader model 4.0, i definatly want one that supports them.

Wow.... is all I can say to the specs...

and read this what I found:

"The money-shot is that a 700MHz NVIDIA GeForce 7900 is currently coming in at circa 13,000 3DM2K5's on an AMD Athlon 64 FX 60 system."

Thats just one card...

allenn812, make sure you have a CPU to back that card up, even with my 3800 i get bottlenecked with 2 7800gt's.

xzerox said:
The rumor has it its suppose to be a 5-6 core GPU, yes direct x 10, and not sure if its coming out around that time, but this is just the rumor has it, shader model 4.0, 2.5 ghz mem clock, and so much more, but this is just a RUMOR, so not sure about the truth.

Haha, rumors...

5-6 cores? Roffles...even CPU's haven't commerically reached that high yet.

DirectX 10 will only work with Windows Vista anyways, so it doesn't matter if you have Windows XP or under.

Back
Top Bottom