DVI Question

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
I have a very important question that needs to be answered as soon as possible. I have a 9700 Pro with a DVI out, but it looks like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...VI-D female Cable, 6FT Model DVI-6-DDMF - OEM (the one on the left, that is) and a nice Samsung monitor with a connection like the one on the right (only not that inversion (either male or female), but the other one (I'm not sure which is which))... How can I get that to work?

Just to clear things up, the Samsung monitor uses the little bar version, and the video card has the four little pins.

u just need a converter........like the picture just plug that up so that one end goes into the DVI and the other into the VGA............( the monitor )

No, because the thing on the left needs to be the opposite gender, so to speak :D. It needs to have the pins, not a place to put them. And the one on the right needs to stay the same.

Jamxx said:
I have a very important question that needs to be answered as soon as possible. I have a 9700 Pro with a DVI out, but it looks like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...VI-D female Cable, 6FT Model DVI-6-DDMF - OEM (the one on the left, that is) and a nice Samsung monitor with a connection like the one on the right (only not that inversion (either male or female), but the other one (I'm not sure which is which))... How can I get that to work?

Just to clear things up, the Samsung monitor uses the little bar version, and the video card has the four little pins.

You're saying the monitor has a male connector (like the one on the right)? Most monitors have femal connectors, for male connectors to plug into. They do make converters for DVI to DVI, male to female, and so forth. The reaon being there is 3 or 4 standards of the DVI spec. Stop by your local computer store, and they should have the cable you need, or the converter you need, for less than you can get it online.

Sorry, I didn't phrase that correctly. The monitor itself has a female connector, but the plug that it comes with is male to male. That's all fine and dandy. The problem is, that the wrong type of DVI type is used. I need something that will take the flat-bar type and convert it to the 4-pin type, and it needs to be a female (flat-bar) to male (4-pin) cable/connector.

Hah, I am the stupidest person ever. I didn't realize that you could use that flat-bar type with the 4-pin... That little cross in between those pins is actually a hole! I thought it was an imprint... Wow, just go ahead and smack me upside the head... :D

Got it all straigtened out anyhow. Thanks for the help, anyway.

Glad I could, ummm, help?
I am glad you have it worked out now. Sometimes we don't see what's going on, until we ask a question, and then our senses kick in....
Happens to me all the time.;)

Back
Top Bottom