making wesites

mr.monger said:
ok someone wants to pay me to make their website, but i have no idea how. i need some tutorials on making a website. thanks.
Howbout you learn, then take jobs :p I spent a year playing around with HTML, CSS, and so on, and now I use notepad to do all my coding for my clients. Heck, i have my own staff. The key to learning how to build websites is paitence.

Howbout you learn, then take jobs :p I spent a year playing around with HTML, CSS, and so on, and now I use notepad to do all my coding for my clients. Heck, i have my own staff. The key to learning how to build websites is paitence.
No offense but i wouldnt let you design, code anything for me with only one years experience.. Sorry.. He really should just go with the advanced stuff first.. Its not really advanced its just being ahead of the game bro.

that video doesn't really cut it as advanced as far as I am concerned...
designing pages in photoshop then slicing images and making image maps is NOT advanced, and a HORRIBLE waste of bandwidth...
remember, not everyone has broadband, and not everyone uses the same resolution,
you should use simple grahpics that can be repeated to save bandwidth and flowing CSS sheets to account for different resoluitions,

being a good web designer is about knowing the limitations of the technology, and not ladening down pages with pictures, (that will cost you more in bandwidth).
a good webdesigner has a flair for design,
you can't learn that you just have it...
so a years experiance is (IMHO) enough experiance to make some simple sites,
BUT... probably not enough experiance to make large sites needing a lot of technical coding and services built into it.

to make a website, do yourself a favor and learn some HTML... don't start with the project you want to do first... start with a few easier projects that will give you a feel of how things work and gradually build up your skill level... there isn't really anything that is advanced in HTML... the most advanced is CSS, and even that is fairly easy... it'll just take a bit of time/practise/patience... thats all

Back
Top Bottom