Volume control problems.

theitalianrob

Beta member
I have a dell desktop and i just installed a new soundcard. I need to raise the line in volume so i can use it to record my band but i can't seem to get to the volume control mixer. And if i go to control pannel and try to get it to attach to teh task bar i get an error message. Im just wondering if there is anythign i can do besides reinstalling the OS.

i think you can hit repair and that will fix watver is wrong..not sure though..

When you put in a the Windows Xp cd it asks what option you would like to doo..And thee is an option called repair..I think repiar basically makes sure eveything is working fine and if it isnt it will plug in the missing files, move the files around ect..Im not 100% sure so google this or wait for other CF members to post..

A Windows repair should only be used as a second-to-last resort, before a complete format. A Windows Repair actually overwrites all the system files, leaving you with a computer with a few less programs, and having to reinstall some programs. If you need to replace some system files, as you think that is the problem, try this:
Start>Run>type "sfc /scannow" without quotes.
You will see a dialog box pup-up, and may inform you to insert your original XP disc. This option only writes over the system files that have been changed from the original, and is much easier to most computer users that have never seen the pre-install Windows environment.
What is the exact error you are getting?
Here is a good link for sfc /scannow
Here is a good link for Windows Repair
Hope this helps... :D

Back
Top Bottom