10 000rpm hard drives

EricM

Daemon Poster
I know these things are fast! but is it really worth the high prices? On my upcoming build I picked out this hdd... http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=16141&vpn=WD2500KS&manufacture=Western Digital and I was talking to a friend and he said to go for a 10 000rpm drive... but the only problem is one of those... for example the WD raptor 36gb's is 20 dollars CDN more expensive then the 250gb SATA2 drive i picked out. I am trying to cut costs and splurging on a hdd isnt the best idea :rolleyes:. So what do you think?

i dont really think there is need for 10,000rpm ...i would just go with the normal 7200rpm especially if you want to save money

NP guys ur all wrong there not overpriced and it makes a big difference in performance..it makes ur comp alot faster..i used an ide in my computer just to see the difference and there is a big difference between the ide and my raptor
get a western digital raptor if u wanna get a good 10 000 rpm drive!

What you need is to upgrade your IDE cable to something faster, Sata or SCSI (which is over priced). If you're wanting something cheap yet functional go for 250. If you want something with good preformace and aren't to pick on the price. 10,000 - 15,000 rpms is something to look into.

2 HDDs in Raid 0 will out perform a single raptor unless its the 150 Raptor which is not worth it.

I think ill stick with the 7200RPM drive and maybe have two 100gb in raid.

Back
Top Bottom