Two choices: hard to make

lhuser

Golden Master
OK, I have two choices:

Either I buy the 7800GS video card

OR

I buy the Powercolor 9600XT and a water cooling system

The thing is: my PC and CPU gets hot quite easily (60-65C idle)

I want to buy the water cooling system to make it fit, but I only have a $300 (350 limit) without taxes.

But, I also want a more decent card compared to the Geforce 5200 that can play FEAR at 640x480 on medium resolution (more is better)

So? What you guys suggest?

get a 7800GS, it is more important for gaming. Water cooling is for bragging rights and high OCs. Even if you do OC the 9600XT, it will never compare to the 7800GS.

Yeah, but let me remind you that I want to have a better cooled PC, so uness you can point me a good heatsink with fan for a S478 board, the CPU will be still high

Your opinion though

If you have good airflow through your case, the temps should not be bad at all.

Methinks I should drill two holes (one on top, one on the side panel...my tower can hold 4 fans, but with these two, I can get 6...I only have 1 more. I\m also looking for using a Heatpipe CPU heatsink with fan...

MikeReiner said:
Thats pretty hot.... what cpu do you have?

Intel P4 Prescott S478 3GHZ w/HT

Ahem. The only card I found is $418!
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1819505&CatId=933

Seriously, that is a lot I need to hold on

for a cpu heatsink with heatpipes, go for a Scythe ninja or a SI-120 and get a panasonic panaflo or delta triblade.

Ahahahhaha... you would actually want to BUY a 9600??? I'm sure you can find one in a dumpster near an internet cafe.

Back
Top Bottom