Alienware Area-51 M5500

aZnXpSyKo

Beta member
I want to buy a cheap/gaming laptop and so I looked up alienware and found this one: http://www.alienware.com/product_de...sCode=PC-LT-AREA51-M-5500&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT They are selling for only 850$ and that seemed pretty cheap, but I am not an expert when it comes to the internal stuff inside it. I want to know if this laptop is good enough to play any games like counterstrike. It has an Intel GMA900 video card, but you can upgrade it to an nVidea GeForce Go 6600 with an extra 100$. If this laptop is not good enough for gaming, can you guys suggest a good/cheap one for me? Thanks

yes it is good enough for gaming, just make sure u get at least 1gb of ram and put the best vid card u can in there

Yeha, alienware is going towards prices that aren't so high as before. That labtop is decent for the price. Yeah, 1gb of ram and a better video card. You want the comp to last.

1 gb memory, and atleast a 6600.

that kind of combination would perform quite well in todays games, counterstrike would run pretty good too.

I've had SOOOO many problems with my Area 51 m7700. For the love of God AVOID ALIENWARE
-----
In April, computer was constantly freezing so sent it in to Alienware. 2 weeks later I got it back with a repair sheet that said motherboard was the problem.

3 days later system wouldn't even power up. Had to send it in again. 2 weeks later got the system back.

So I've had it for about a little over a week now. LCD monitor won't adjust to as bright a level as it used to be able to. Spent an hour on the phone installing BIOS and trying other stuff. I'm going to have to do an LCD plug reseat on my own (standard for alienware = you doing technical repairs on the computer) ... then if that doesn't work, have to send it in again for a new inverter board. sending it in 3x in 2 months.. so.ridiculous.

well how much money do you want to spend
i can pick you out a kick ass laptop for that price

lol
gota love ppl who revive old, OLD threads, for, no reason

fail_party.jpg

Back
Top Bottom