Will this RAM be compatible?

To tell you the truth, I don't think you can get any cheaper than that coming from a complete system and all (minus the monitor of course). That's probably as cheap as it gets. I've tried configuring custom system for $300 and it's impossible.

How old is he, if he is not that old, then you wont need to spend a lot of money on power. I am not sure if you are on a budget or not, because if you have a higher budget then 300 dollars, that I would not reccomend that dell. Would you consider building the computer?

he's 14. he knows a lot about computers...but he just wants one to have to browse the web, play the sims 2 and talk to his friends

how would the sims 2 play on that system anyway? if i upgrade the RAM and video card ?

Were you talking about the system you already have or the new computer you are going to purchase for your son.

If you were talking about the dell, then it won't. It has intel celeron. Celeron is a very cheap processor. Celerons were designed for people with low budgets and was not made for gaming. How much are you willing to spend and what parts do you already have that you won't need new ones (such as a mouse, keyboard, speakers, monitors etc.)

If you were talking about the one you currently own, what processor does it have?? If you don't know, go to my computer, then at the top left, it will say view system information. Then a window will pop up saying some general information about your computer.

If it is a ball mouse, I'd highly reccommend an optical mouse. They are much easier to use and lighter.

forget the sims 2 then. he'll play it on my daughters computer.
does the celeron D 2.5 GHz outbeat a P4 1.6 ghz processor? my 4400 has a p4 1.6

then how bad is the celeron D 2.5 ghz? what can I do and what wont I be able to do on it?

Well, celeron is just a basic end processor. It will be fine if your son will just be using internet and word processing.

I dont think it is worth paying a cheap price for celeron because it is not future proof. It will be obsolete within a while as technology advances.

If your son just uses instant messaging, internet browsing, and school work, then celeron will be fine. Id highly reccomend the most RAM you can get if you have celeron.

Back
Top Bottom