links freeze up

miserysmother

Solid State Member
just wondering what may be causeing my computer to freeze when i go and click on a link,or a thumbnail.I have a webside i visit everyday and i look at pics that people post and sometimes the pic will open sometime it freezes,then i have to go to Ctrl,Alt,Delete and start all over again..i have to go back to my IE,then to the website open it.it takes forever,to get back to the website sometimes,then to get logged back in.
So any suggestinons to what may be happening on my computer?

if your using xp and have the original disc it may be worth doing a windows repair as this will rewrite ie back in.also can you open pictures without being on net or not as it may not be a internet problem

ASSEMBLER said:
if your using xp and have the original disc it may be worth doing a windows repair as this will rewrite ie back in.also can you open pictures without being on net or not as it may not be a internet problem
I didnt have a disk when I bought my computer and I bought it new.The only disks that came with the computer were the Recovery Disks.
I can open pics like the ones I have taken and stored in folders on my computer.But here lately when my friends and family send personal pics and I save them to my folders they are showing only thumbnails instead as a reg. size pic,and that has never happened before,even if I zoom in on the pics they become very pixely.My computer came with XP already on it,so i guess thats why i dont have the XP disk :(
Oh and another thing that has happened today with my computer is:when I went to do a system resore,it wouldnt let me go back to an earlier time,so I did a system restore and it just took me back to 6:36 am....its strange and very frustraiting :mad:

if i was you i would save all your impotant stuff and use you recovery disc to set it back to factor setting,there are somtimes a option to recover without loosing all you data on these recovery discs you would have to try it to see.put the recovery disc in the drive,shut down and restart this will then give you all the options.there may be a repair option.hope this helps

miserysmother said:
I didnt have a disk when I bought my computer and I bought it new.The only disks that came with the computer were the Recovery Disks.

This is normal. Most computers these days come with Recovery CDs. It makes tech support much easier, since all they ever recommend is to put that disc in when you're having a problem (the big companies- won't mention any names)

miserysmother said:
I can open pics like the ones I have taken and stored in folders on my computer.But here lately when my friends and family send personal pics and I save them to my folders they are showing only thumbnails instead as a reg. size pic,and that has never happened before,even if I zoom in on the pics they become very pixely.

Open up the folder with the pictures. Go to View>Filmstrip. This should allow you to view the pictures with a back/forward button, looking at them in regular size.

miserysmother said:
My computer came with XP already on it,so i guess thats why i dont have the XP disk :(
Oh and another thing that has happened today with my computer is:when I went to do a system resore,it wouldnt let me go back to an earlier time,so I did a system restore and it just took me back to 6:36 am....its strange and very frustraiting :mad:

System Restore picks it's own Restore points, unless you tell it otherwise. It is a useful feature, but unecessary for your issue I believe.

Back
Top Bottom