About how many songs can I hold on my computer with 160 GB?

Well the Ipod have a much smaller storage capacity than the 160GB or 200GB computer hard drive. You won't be able to cram all the MP3's from the PC hard drive into a small iPod, but the 30GB iPod can store anywhere from 7,500+ songs.

A 160gb should hold a lot of songs, but you need to take in considerations for other things like your operating system and other various programs. You can't just plug in a empty hard drive and expect it to suddenly store music. But it'll hold A LOT.

RiverS said:
i have a 20gb Walkman and i had 13,000 songs on it

that is what i dont get. how can one person have that many songs? im too lazy to do the math, but that is prbably well over a week of music. i personally am satified having mybe 70- 100 songs, i just dont get how soemone could have 13, 000 song! have you listened to all of them?

Are you sure it was 20 gigabytes? You must've had terrible sound quality with those songs, then.

i am pretty sure it was about 10,000 to 13,000 songs and the quailty wasn't that bad but ever time i played them (as in set the Mode on random) it was like "hey i havn't heard this song befor!" lol

DONT get an iPod. Do some research on mp3 players. Creatives are WAY better than ipods. You are probably getting the iPod video 30gb one right?? Well if you are, DONT!!!! Get the Creative Vision: M. The vision M has more battery life than an ipod video, it has over 200,000 display colors verses the ipods 65,000. Creatives are more durable than iPods. I am telling you, get anything by Creative, iPods are overrated!
http://www.everythingusb.com/creative_zen_vision:m_30gb.html
Scroll down a little and you can see the difference between the vision M's screen quality and the iPod videos quality. The zen destroys it!

Well the 30 gig Ipod is also an Ipod video. Meaning he can watch videos in the right format (which take up a lot more space). Most people don't listen to 15k songs.

The average song length is 4 minutes (aprox)? The Ipod 30gb holds 15k songs...?

4* 15,000 = 60,000 minutes. 60,000 minutes / 60 minutes (1 hr) = 1,000 hours of music. That's over a months listening to music non-stop.

Also you're stuck with itunes or whatever software they give with the Ipod. Other than that I hear it's really good. Also get a protector case, I hear it scratches really easy

The Power said:
DONT get an iPod. Do some research on mp3 players. Creatives are WAY better than ipods. You are probably getting the iPod video 30gb one right?? Well if you are, DONT!!!! Get the Creative Vision: M. The vision M has more battery life than an ipod video, it has over 200,000 display colors verses the ipods 65,000. Creatives are more durable than iPods. I am telling you, get anything by Creative, iPods are overrated!
http://www.everythingusb.com/creative_zen_vision:m_30gb.html
Scroll down a little and you can see the difference between the vision M's screen quality and the iPod videos quality. The zen destroys it!

OMG! Do you know where I can buy that? Like at what store? I'd rather have that then an IPod!

Back
Top Bottom