Whats with all the noobs? (If you feel you may be offended by my thread do not view)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Seriously though, It seems like theyre everywhere now. I mean I'm all for new members, But the ones we're getting have the worst attitudes I've ever seen on the boards.

Every few posts and ones trying to start something with one of the senior members, almost as if they feel like they have something to prove and they thitnk theyre gonna do that by being a smart ass -_- It's really getting annoying, Alot of people are even speaking of leaving because of it.

I dont mind the new members but I think they should cut the crap before they cause the site to go down the drain, We have enough drama going on right now

Re: Whats with all the noobs? (If you feel you may be offended by my thread do not view)

God I agree, theres a 12 year old on here somewhere who has some stupid comment or "solution" for everything. I remember someone posted about getting alot of tracking cookies, and he suggested to get rid of all their documents and reformat..I mean for god sakes!

I think new members should only be allowed to post to other threads after they have made 30 of their own, DECENT, posts. On the other hand the forum might get alot more spam

Re: Whats with all the noobs? (If you feel you may be offended by my thread do not view)

if you see any posts like that, report them using the report post button, dont reply to them unless they are going to do damage to a computer, and the mods will try to sort it out, but please help us find these posts by reporting the posts.

Erm. I don't notice it because i'm not that active. But to alll new players. Every single one of us has earned every little piece of respect that we got. WE started at zero now we're at the top. Get used it and one day you'll be with us. And if you behave yourself you'll get there faster. THis board is a great board with a really sweet community. Get used too it its not that hard in fact its kinda fun.

Who are these n00bs that you so speak of? Names please? :confused:

I thought I would respond to this as a 'noob' , I have been a member of this forum for the last couple of weeks, after watching it for about a month before deciding to join up.

I am aware of some of the issues that have arisen lately, I would point out that a lot of 'these issues' appears to be from a number of the more established members as well as the new members either reacting to an offensive or pointless post or posting themselves in an inappropriate manner either is just as bad as the original poster.

My understanding of having Moderators is exactly that, to moderate the content of the forum, if I feel insulted or advice is wrong then they are there to report it to.

I would assume that the Moderators are chosen because they have been seen to provide accurate and useful advice, or the way they have conducted themselves prior to being made a moderator, they are that position of responsibility because they have been deemed fit to be in it.

I would have concerns if other members take it upon themselves to start acting in that role, yes you may have reached Guru status, or been on the forum since the beginning of dawn but even those well established members should use the moderators for the purpose that they are there for.

As a new member and my own person with my own value base and personal moral ethos, I accept that I may offend people although this is unintentional and I would hope that I could resolve this without major issue, but to manage this, maybe it would be wise to pm someone rather then raise it in the public arena, or if they feel that a thread should be removed then to contact a moderator.

It is clear that there are a number of younger persons who visit this board, surely it is the responsibility of the older members to guide and advise as you would do off the computer in real life.

It would be a shame if members do decide to leave on account of this, as I from what I have seen there is a very close knit community who all have a wealth of knowledge and skills, and indeed as a 30 year old I am very much aware that there are many younger persons who have a far greater knowledge regarding computers and their use then me and I will gladly accept their advice.

However this will not stop me offering advice when I feel I can contribute, and I would expect if I am wrong to be advised if it is incorrect in a positive and constructive manner and not to be flamed or put down because of those comments.

In any community there will always be fresh blood who can have a positive effect, no one is perfect, and I hope that new members can be made to feel welcome as I believe I have been made to feel so since I became a member and I hope to continue to be able to play a role in the future.

I hope in this, I haven't offended anyone , and if so I offer my apologies in advance and please feel free to discuss this further with me but I did feel the need to comment on this.

Thanks

joxley1990 said:
God I agree, theres a 12 year old on here somewhere who has some stupid comment or "solution" for everything. I remember someone posted about getting alot of tracking cookies, and he suggested to get rid of all their documents and reformat..I mean for god sakes!

I think new members should only be allowed to post to other threads after they have made 30 of their own, DECENT, posts. On the other hand the forum might get alot more spam

Roger that. The 12 year old is probobly fake, seeings how his signature says "I'm only 12 and building a computer!". I don't know but alot of noobs talk like they know everyone here.

language...

NAMES PEOPLE NAMES!!!

you can't understand what posts are "n00bish" if I can't search for the posts of the person to understand what is being discussed! NAMES!!!!

One of em noobs is ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom