Xbox 360...worth it?

AMF

Baseband Member
Hey guys and gals. I'm kind of debating here on whether or not to buy an Xbox 360. So, this question is to those of you who have purchased one: Is the system worth the $400 or not? If you like the system and think it was worth the cost, or if you think that it was a huge flop, state why. Also, please don't start an argument about it, this is strictly to get some info on the system and make a decision. Thanks :)

Depends. If you already have a nice enough PC that doesn't need any upgrades, then the Xbox 360 is a good buy for some fun. If you need the money for something else, the Xbox 360 doesn't justify using it for that. It's okay really...after all, it won't be any better than the PC, although gaming on a couch is comfortable.

I have contemplated getting one, but the main reason I would get it is for the media streaming capabilities, but I find it works well enough with the modded xbox I have but reading about it also appears that I would need Windows Media Centre as well.......is anyone using one for this purpose and how well is it intergrated?

The XBOX 360 is the best system out right now as far as gaming consoles go, but the price is a bit high. I'm sure they'll start to have great titles once it goes mainstream (when the prices actually come down). If you have the money, get it. If not, wait for the PS3 or play games on your PC. PS3 should be about the same price when it comes out, I bet. Those are going to be hot. I can just imagine the frenzy when they first hit the US.

PS3 will be A LOT more expensive, I can guarantee that.

What dissapoints me about the 360 is that launch is over and done but they still only have like 20 games. It has been out for over 2 months and just 20 games??

I think if you compare which to get the 360 or the PS3, i think the 360 is because it has better online features and more accessories. Plus, it has many great new games coming to it. Both look amazing though. But the PS3 isnt out yet so who knows.

As of now, no it isn't worth the jump from current gen to next gen(360). But by spring, yes I think it will be the right time because the price may drop too.

ive been considering it, but im gonna wait for the ps3 to come out first... i can probably get a ps3 cheap (straight from a dealership, without the shop price hike...) so im gonna wait till its been released, see what the reviews of it are like...

GlasseyeUK said:
I have contemplated getting one, but the main reason I would get it is for the media streaming capabilities, but I find it works well enough with the modded xbox I have but reading about it also appears that I would need Windows Media Centre as well.......is anyone using one for this purpose and how well is it intergrated?

Windows XP works I think, but it's more limited when it comes to media streaming.

alvino said:
Windows XP works I think, but it's more limited when it comes to media streaming.

Yeah thats what I heard, if I am gonna have something, then I wanna be able to get the most out of it, same as my computer, I have absolutely no need to overclock but will be doing it just coz I can..... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom