I need Help

clear77

Beta member
I need Help Everybody.....Right
i Downloaded SuSE Linux Personal

The.Iso File i downloaded, but i extracted it and made it uncompressed
and i burnt it and it wouldnt boot, now people have been teling me to convert it back to iso, or burn it as it is, uncompressed but it dont work uncompressed it wont boot, *i have ajusted my bios settings for it to boot from cd rom*., how do i convert it back to iso, what tools do i use
and who could tell me how to install linux, cause the stick i just didnt get

but in the uncompressed folder there is a CLOOP.IMG

which is 1002mb, shall i just burn that to disc?

plz tell me thanks

You dont uncompress ISO files, it isnt a compression. Im guessing you have winrar or similar which lets you extract the files from ISO images, but thats not what you wanna do.

Go to whatever program you use to burn with...Nero for example. Look for an option to BURN IMAGE...when you select that locate the iso file you downloaded and burn it. Simple as that!

Good Luck;)

Double-click the ISO file, and your burning program should come up, offering you the chance to burn the ISO to cd/dvd. It works this easy for me, I use nero.

Yes, but i think that he/she has something like winrar or some kind of ISO software installed which has taken over the ISO extention...

Don't you still have the original ISO? If not...Im sure there is a way to burn the extracted files properly, but i dont know how it is. Maybe you can find out how though. I think what you'd have to do is change the mode to 2 CD-ROM Mode 1, Jolet. But I dont know how. Im sure that it would be much easier to just download it again and use Nero or whatever to burn the image file.

If WinRar was used to extract the file, then you should be able to use WinRar to compress the file again. I actually extracted Mepis with an application (it was late at night, don't remember which one) and all I did was hold CTRL, select all the files for Nero, and it proceeded to burn it into an ISO, that boots fine. Best case is to download the file again, instead of clicking open, click save, choose a location to save it, and hit OK. Once downloaded, use your burning software to burn an image.

Back
Top Bottom