AMD or INTEL?

Oh sweet! :D I thoguth you were just referring to Quake 4 as a really good game. Oh well, it's supports Dual-Core processors, this is a good step for games. :D

1337DuD3 said:
Oh sweet! :D I thoguth you were just referring to Quake 4 as a really good game. Oh well, it's supports Dual-Core processors, this is a good step for games. :D

Of course. It's another reason to own a duel core processor

d-von said:
Here are my two choices for a gaming computer which should I pick??

AMD 64 3700+
A8N-SLI Deluxe
7800 GT
1gb RAM
250 SATA HD
500wps thermal take
XP Home

or

Intel P4 3.4Ghz 2m cache
Intel 945 GTPL mainboard
1gb DDR2 RAM 2 chips dual mode
Coolmaster case 450 watt
Sapphire ATI Radeon x1300 512mb
2 western digital serial ATA HD's 80 each
XP Pro

A year from now, we'll be talking about quad cores as they start to become popular, lol. Another reason why I chose AMD is because of the cooler core. Is that spec for the P4 using Prescott? If so, you're in for a warm treat. Athlon 64's generally run cooler. I'm running 31 degrees right now on a warm Spring afternoon. How incredible is that? I'm not even using a fancy case either. Just simple 80mm fans and stock AMD cooling. WOW!!!

depends what games he's playing.. a lot of games have come out with new drivers for dual compaibility. BF2 CSS etc..

I would go with the AMD

ownage said:
Its the graphics drivers that are mulit threaded, not the games themselves.

He meant that the games are coming out with multi-threaded patches. He's right. A lot of game developers are releasing Dual Core patches for their games.

Back
Top Bottom