problem with my internet after re-formating windows

clandestinex337

In Runtime
alright, so i just re-installed windows, and i have my cabel modem and everything pluged in just like it was before i re-formated. And it worked before, but now i cant seem to get my cabel to connect to the interet. In the "connect to" window i see the "1394 Connection" only. ANd it says im connected but im not. Im installing windows updates right now. so maybe my version of windows was really out of date hopefully.

and if you are woundering how im on the interenet atm, im on the wireless comp d/l the drivers. well yea Does anyone know how i can fix this i would really appreciate it.

thank you

I'm thinking the drivers for the ethernet connection. Find the make of the port and download the drivers from the manufacturers site.

hrm, i cant find the right driver for my DFI LanParty SLI-DR i downloaded like 3 or so of the drivers on the site but non of em where the right ones i guess =*(

Do you know who makes the specific driver for your ethernet port... sometimes a different manufacturer makes them...

i got it to work now, i just said forget it and went into storage and got my MB cd and just installed those drivers

thanks for all your help really appreciate it

thanks again

o wow, this is turning into a nightmare.... now my headset doesnt work. And my external HDD, i guess its reconizing it becusae it automatically uploaded all my songs on it to my itunes, but i dont see the drive. before i refomated, it said External HDD :)F) or soemthing now all i see is the :)C). and my headset, i dont have any sound... ill keep looking and look on my disc for a audio driver but i unno.... gahhh

When you install xp from scratch it is always best to remove All devices and pci cards. Leave the vid card in and THEN install xp. Xp is a pretty smart gal but she doesn't always have the drivers for everything. After you get xp installed the next thing is the current mobo drivers. Use the cd for this then when you're all done go online and update them. But do that last.
One at a time install and load drivers for the pci cards and external devices.
Load up your online protection and then get the mobo, pci cards, vid card, and other devices current drivers.
Go bare minimum when installing an os. Makes life easier.

Back
Top Bottom