Running games on school network

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamieoliver22

In Runtime
Hiya all.

Before you read on, please let me make sure that I do not intend on this for any hacking programs, its just so I can pass the time away while my teacher does my head in. Mods, please feel free to close/delete if appropite.

Anyway.. I have just brought myself a Sony 5GB MicroVault and I thought it would be a good idea to store some games/programs on it. I was thinking, would it be possible to play these games at school.

My school network stops people from running .exe or .msi so i cant actully run any of the games and i wanted to know if there was any way around it.

Thanks for you help, its really appricated.
Jamie.

PS, you can PM me about it if you want...

Seti says> School is for studying. Stop trying to figure out how to play games on a school computer. Use those smarts to get good grades then get a good paying productive job.
And um, your asking is against forum rules and policy.

School networks are setup the way the network admins want. They also probably monitor for activity on the network, such as utilization and such. Running games on the network will consume bandwidth, and it wont go over well when the network admin has your user id as the prime suspect. Pass time another way- and you wont get into trouble ;)

they have all these strict settings on my school network like to prevent hackers from in the school more than from outside. when my county is nothing but country people and im the only student in the county who knows how to do anything more than surf the internet, read email, type a paper, or im. but what they dont know is that with a few little registery tweeks somethings can be sorted out. plus i already have like the next to highest password!! Muahahahaahah.

recon 16 said:
they have all these strict settings on my school network like to prevent hackers from in the school more than from outside. when my county is nothing but country people and im the only student in the county who knows how to do anything more than surf the internet, read email, type a paper, or im. but what they dont know is that with a few little registery tweeks somethings can be sorted out. plus i already have like the next to highest password!! Muahahahaahah.

rrrrriiiggghhhtttt..

Ask your admin to allow you to play games. Simplest solution. If he agrees then he'll probabily give you the permissions to be able to do so. If he doesn't want you to, then you shouldn't. There shouldn't be any behind the back sneaky stuff. You shouldn't have to quickly alt-tab out of a game to Microsoft Word to con him.

Maybe if you took 5 seconds out of your life and thought about it you'd know and understand why.

If you two want to share tips, take it to PM or a place where content isn't monitored.

Why play games at school? What kind of games do you even want to play? Why not just be patient for a little while, go home, and have the time of your life? Why are trying to get the question out of us if it's against what you school wants you to be doing? If it get's out of hand, they could go legal, and that means us. Sorry, but I've put in too much into CF to see it go down. Please take this somewhere else.

RewtGuy said:
Maybe if you took 5 seconds out of your life and thought about it you'd know and understand why.

If you two want to share tips, take it to PM or a place where content isn't monitored.
Be aware that the administrator can, if he wishes, access PM's, but he doesn't do it on a regular basis

Well then exclude PMs. I don't like when those three letters are together in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom