Major Help

Actually,when I used to nearly fry my processor due to overheating,I didn't got any Blue screen problem,it just freeze and then shut down. Did you tried out what pctechmike told you,you've got to have other hardware issue. Pull out all secondary hardware you have<e.g. internal modem, CD Drive,FDD> and then try it out again. But of course,don't neglect the problems you posted because it might just severe the damage to your machine.

I've had this problem a few times myself. Every piece of evidence pointed to bad memory, but I ran tests on it and turns out it was fine. After several days of troubleshooting and replacing hardware (Harddrive, video card) it turned out to be something I didn't expect. For some unknown reason my computer just was throwing fits because I was running my MATCHED STICKS of memory in Dual-Channel. Still to this day don't know why it won't run it dual channel, but it won't. Sticks are same brand, same speed, same everything..Maybe that's something to look into, I don't know but I thought i'd throw it out there just in case.

Well i only have one stick of Kingston 512 mb memory and i have put it in different slots. From how yall talk, i think it might be another piece of hardware. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Well. i unplugged the cd-rom drive and the my modem. Not it, but when i just turned it on...it made these continoues short beeps. I looked in the mobo manual. It said something about bad power supply. Could this be the cause of my blue screen of hell?

I need help as soon as possible...thinks for all the help and sorry for the anoytion i have been causing (anoytion is a word made up by me)

Hmm, now that's odd. I accidentally forgot to install RAM in a computer one time (D'oh! :D) and turned it on, and it just started beeping continuously. It went in some strange rhythm, which was weird, but I realized that I hadn't put any in and it worked fine. So... you may want to order another stick of memory and see what happens...

But i tested my memory with Memtest 86 and it passed twice. but when i turned my computer on for the last time it made continuos short beeps. I read in my manual that it means bad power supply. So i'm thinking. Could this be the cause of blue screen and the warning tell me something is dangerous with my computer and it nees to be shut down? Also, when i turn my computer on, it work for a little over two hours and then the blue screen of hell pops up.

Hmm... Well, if your motherboard manual says that, then I'd try a different power supply. Do you have one laying around that you could just try to boot from to see if it works?

Back
Top Bottom