need help choosing. plz

badninja3

Daemon Poster
k, i am kinda stuck on what to do. i really wanna buy/build a computer, but i know that prices will prolly drop after the new amd socket comes out. but i dont wanna wait that long.

so, i have selected a processor already, im getting an opteron 144 or 146. i am hoping to spend about $600(us) on the processor, mobo, and video card. and the processor takes about $200. so i wanted help finding a motherboard nd gpu.

see, i was wondering if i should go sli or not. if i go sli, i was thinking that i should to with a board with full sli(sli16). but then, i dont know if sli will even be utilized that well.

also, if i get a non-sli, i can get a better video card.

anyway, thanks in advance for the help, and sorry for bugging you guys.
-chris

if your interested ive kinda been wanting to sell my machine. Send me a PM if ya want.

With that budget you can pretty much assure yourself that you aren't going SLi. SLi boards are more expensive than non-SLi boards (especially a full-SLi board) and you'll have to have two video cards. I have an Opteron 148, Asus A8N5X, and a 7800GT, all for purchased for about 635 bucks. I love the setup. And, my Opteron was 235 bucks. So, if yours is 200, it should come out right around 600 dollars! :D

Yeah, get an ABIT A8N motherboard, that CPU, and a 7800GT. YOu'll love that set up!

Also, make sure you have a case, powersupply, hard drive, CD/DVD drive, and all that good stuff. :)

1337dude, thanks. and ya. i didnt forget about all the other stuff, i was just asking about the "big 3" items.

and i wasnt going to go sli right now, b/c im kinda low on money. i was just trying to futureproof myself.

and i take it that i shouldnt wait for the new socket and cheaper prices?

Mr. F said:
If you do that, you'll never get a computer.
ya i kno. thats kina how i am with most things. and then i eventually lose interest in that thing. but i cant really do that wiht computers cuz like i use them every day nd all that. so i guess ill jus man up and buy one soon then.

oh shyyt! i just looked in my wallet and i only have like $450 right now. but i get like $20 a week. so i should be covered soon. i think ill just buy the opteron now b4 they are gone. sound good?

Back
Top Bottom