I could use some help with motovation..

Im the same, Im so lazy. I got away with doing no work in GCSE's. I read alot and I was quite clever. Unfortunatly I worked out that you cant do it in the years to come. So Im going to flunk this year!

I do hw. I havent missed it in a WHILE.

Here is a tip, do hw as SOON as you get home. Because you will still be in the mindset of school and wont doze off. Because i think the hardest part of hw is starting it. Then once you get in that zone, it will be easy.

Normally i've sailed though school with my eyes closed. And um i'm still sorta doing that but it is getting hard. Simple spread your work out. I got lucky I got block schedule. I got one day heavy acadmic courses math, history, lit, word processing or perseonnal finance one of the two. Then the next day I got a easier day and a fun day. That is Sci my teach is totally cool. Personnal finance or word processing which to me is to freaky easy I sleep though it. Then gym and homeroom. So what I normally do is I normally get 3 full classes of homework on one day. I'll do like half of it or a little more then half. The next day before I go back i'll do the other half. And I just cut 3 hours of homework into like 1.5 each day. So manage your time. And when I do good I feel great. I mean esp in history or sci. When i'm able to guess what the teacher is going say or be able to answer a question which he doesn't expect answered I feel great and that motivates me. Its what got me to finish my history homework today. I don't look at school and say I needit to get a GOOD JOB! because I intend on making my own job so yea.

Well one thing is that t my dad is always harping on me about it. That makes me not want to do it at all. Also the parents make me do it down stairs. Not even in my room..

I just think about how I want to be able to go to a good college, get a job and thrn be able to make good money. That's what motivates me. Also we have block schedualing too and one of our blocks is a study hall. I have nothing better to do in my study hall so I just do my homework there.

I'm having the exact same problem at College.

I know it has to be done, I can do it, it's just I can't be arsed.

I do Classical Civilisation (Ancient Greece and Rome) and you have to do loads of essays, and I just don't do them.

Then there's Computing, we've just started using Access (BORING!!) so I'm not doing the work there either.

Media studies I enjoy so I'm doing ok there.

And finally Fine Art, doing the worst in that, I like to just get down to it, but you have to do hours of research before you can do the final piece and I'm like 'Screw That' so I don't do it.

I'm well going to fail...

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Im also a freshmen. And, I just threw away first semester...

Same here I didn't fail any second quarter classes so technically I'm passing them all. I have the EXACT SAME problem. I won't do any work. I'm sorta getting over it. My thing was asking my friend if I could copy it and when I was finished I felt good because I accomplished something. Now I get most of my work done.

Back
Top Bottom