just ordered this

jnthn205 said:
Ok maybe this will help to know if i have to or not. I have a Abit K8T800Pro Chipset motherboard, with amd athlon 64 3200+ drivers and the 6800GT drivers, on the hard drive. I am getting all new motherboard, processor, but using the same hdd.

You don't need to format your HD... Even if your HD doesn't work on your new setup. You can keep all your files by just installing Windows via Repair Install. Repair install will keep all your settings and files intact while installing the new drivers for your motherboard and the like.

ok. So what do i do, pliug all my new stuff in, then start up the computer with the windows xp cd in? What if the hdd already has windows xp, and the hdd works, arnt i supposed to install the drivers from the cd the hardware gave me?

jnthn205 said:
ok. So what do i do, pliug all my new stuff in, then start up the computer with the windows xp cd in? What if the hdd already has windows xp, and the hdd works, arnt i supposed to install the drivers from the cd the hardware gave me?

Check and see if Windows XP boots up first. If it doesn't then start the computer with Windows XP inside. Windows XP will automaticallly find the installation folder on your HD. Once it does, let it do a repair install and you'll be fine.

I just installed it all and everything. I did end up having to reformat :( Oh well its all working and stuff. Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom