sharing files in my home network?

rossnuk

Beta member
Hi, there. I am having a problem with sharing files on my network. I have a Belkin wireless router and have 4 pcs in the house - all use windows XP.

My have goen ethrough the instructions making sure the workgroup name is the same on all computers. The pc I use the most can view all the shred files from other computers and i can access them and put them on this pc.

The problem is i cant see these files on any of my other pcs which means i cannot put any files from this pc on to any other computers.
when i go into -my network places- on these pcs i do not see anything at all and when i go to -view workgroup computers - it flashes that i do not have authorisation to access this.

Help needed - im sure this problem must be common so please, please - i need to share files back and forth!!!
Ross.

does your main pc have a wireless router? if so you need a network card/adapter aswell. i have that problem. only my pc with the network adapter can view files on my main pc and my main pc with the wireless router can only view its own workgroup file and cannot access the others

there is a network card on each pc in my network so im a bit miffed as to why i have this problem.this pc that can share from the rest is no different to the rest. i mean every pc in this network should be able to share back and forth. is there a setting in my computer that i havnt checked out?

Do you have the same username? Are you in the Administrators group on each PC? My Network Places does list all the PCs? Setup all your computers as static IP addresses. This way, once the computer has an address- it stays the same. I had a simular issue one time. Changed all my PCs to static IP addresses, and it fixed it...

Back
Top Bottom