why does my recycle bin say there is something it in when there isn't?

battersup

Baseband Member
when i try to empty it says are you sure you want to delete "WINDOWS"? and when i click yes it says cannot delete Dc14: access is denied, what is this all about? this has happened before to

Lol, if your deleting somthing from the windows folder, some files from there cant be deleted normaly OR! it could be a virus that "CANNOT" be deleted in normal windows mode. but make shere its not a vital file first >.>, try rebooting and hold f5 or f8 on startup and go to safe mode, should work then

Distortion88 said:
wait what are you trying to delete?

that's the thing, nothing, there is nothing in the recycle bin, previously i deleted a song and a music video but th recycle bin is blank when i open it, the icons just shows there is something it and when i open it i have the option to empty even tho it is showing nothing in it weird..

Open it, Tools>Folder Options>Show Hidden Files

that could be it, i had to do that once

still nothing showed up but now i noticed something, under details it says system folder, so my system folder is in my recycle bin n i can't get it out beause i can't see it, could this be due to a virus?

battersup said:
that's the thing, nothing, there is nothing in the recycle bin, previously i deleted a song and a music video but th recycle bin is blank when i open it, the icons just shows there is something it and when i open it i have the option to empty even tho it is showing nothing in it weird..
I'm kind of having the same prob,i delete things from my computer,it sends them to the recycle bin and when i go to empty the bin it shows there is nothing there,but i empty anyway and can hear the bin emptying.
Hope you figure yours out soon then maybe i can figure mine out ,lol :D

Back
Top Bottom