My Old New Computer!

userjs6998

Baseband Member
Hehehe! Finally got a new computer! Free, of all things!!! School districts auction off all their defunct hardware every once in a while... Only problem is... It's old and deprived... Poor thing... Alright... It's a Dell Optiplex GX1p. Here's the specs: 450mhz Pentium II MMX, 384 MB RAM, Built in gfx&sound... I've installed Ubuntu 5.10 on it and it's a great little box. I love Dell cases, as well. Easy to open. I don't think you care, but that's it! Well, I hate to say it, but it isn't... I also got a laptop. Yes, it was free as well... AND IT BLOWS... 166mhz PI, 64MB RAM. Screen is ripped off, but it has a monitor port on the back... No battery, so it has to constantly be plugged in the wall... Suprisingly, though... it runs Win2k fairly well... And that's all folks.

I'm getting an AMD AthlonXP 2400+, soyo KT400, 1 gb GeIL memory, and an MSI GeFoce4 Ti 4200.. all for $50 :p
Not free, but not bad for the price, either.

Well, I dont get anything for free, becuase my school sucks, lmao. But hell man its free. So who cares.

@anyone that said too bad they suck

WHO CARES?! Would you honestly turn down free computer hard ware? Didnt think so.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
@anyone that said too bad they suck

WHO CARES?! Would you honestly turn down free computer hard ware? Didnt think so.
Amen.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Well, I dont get anything for free, becuase my school sucks, lmao.
Yeah.. my school lets them collect dust in a big storage room, they never use them once they buy new ones.

not as bad as my dad's work, though.

they DESTROY computers when they are done with them, and these computers are like, one or two years old.
They smashed an amd64 3200+ because it was "useless"..

and all they have to say about it is that they don't want ANYONE profitting off of something they put cash into, hell, the least they should do is let people buy them... :(

Dude, that should be a PIII 450MHZ. Have you checked?

BTW, school sure suck for giving stuff. All my stuff obtaied was by looking in the garbage. The best thing I found in there was a functional AMD Athlon 1GHZ machine.

Back
Top Bottom