School computer parts.. Should they be free? >.<

Half Evil

Golden Master
Well here is the thing. There are these computer cases just laying around out side. And the thing is that IF they have anything, I might be interested. Lol.. Yeah, I mean its not like they will ever notice. There is like.. Hell 30 computers stacked. And inside, there are about the same amount of moniters. Now really, if there is anything salvagable.. Would it really be so bad that I took it? I mean its all outside. And.. Like I said no one would notice. So what are your thoughts on this? Because I really want to. But yeah...

Ask the administration. Sometimes they have computers that are so old no one uses them. Technically they're school property, so taking it would be stealing.

yeha, asking is always the best. Get some dual monitors going. Would be nice.

Thats true, thats why I asked here. I mean my parents will never find out. So.. yeah. But the administration likes me. So ya never know there is a good chance. But, my school is REALY REALLY strict. So.. I just kinda wanna take them, lol. Besides I have like 4 moniters down stairs anyways. So I dont need to take one of those. I just want enough computer stuff to make one. Or rebuild or whatever. You know.. Experiment.

There was this one program where they took a whole bunch of computers, hooked them up by ethernet, and used them all together like a "super" comptuer. it was cool... forgot what software it was though... and it was kinda complicated to set up too... but it is possible...

Your school is strict about what? If you ask, what is there to be strict about? You didn't just steal it, so they don't have anything to be mad about. Just say it's for educational purposes, or you can say that you want to experiment with some stuff. I dunno, but it beats stealing.

Yeah, and then getting caught for stealing and then getting in trouble.

The sensible thing would be to ask, you shouldn't just take, or do and face the consequences. If your school is "REALLY REALLY strict" then surely if you are caught, then the punishment or outcome is likely to be bad, and well is it worth you being known for a theft for some what would probably be majorily defunct computer parts.

I worked at a college and they have a policy. Old computers they don't use anymore are put in storage for a year. After that, they are donated or destroyed. At least that's how my school works. They can't give it away due to contract reasons or something like that. Some policy crap.

They're not going to be strict if you ask. Usually they're strict if you do something you're not supposed to do OR if you do something they don't like. So yeah, just ask your school administration.

Back
Top Bottom