Ha! What Now Amd??

no, i know this guy that has 4 880s, 4 15k SCSI drives in raid 0, and plenty of RAM. It totally owns the cpu score. But what im saying is that Intel is dominating right now whether you like it or not.

Take my comp and it won't anymore... but yeah, right now, it's dominating because that guy is rich and just want's bragging rights... 15K rpm... that's stupid... no one needs those except developers for massive video, software, etc. Government people... lol...

Intel isn't dominating. The reviews from Tom's Hardware show that the X2 series line up is bettering the 955XE processors in nearly every catagory. I don't know how Intel is dominating, but if you could please show some links I would great;y appreciate it. :)

jac006 said:
Government people... lol...
rofl, my mom works at the IRS, and her workstation has a 4 terabyte SCSI hdd...(that or some sort of raid setup, hell if I know.)

meh, I don't give a crap about the latest and greatest.
cutting edge sucks, plain and simple.
what matters to me is price-performance ratio.
for example..
a $200 amd vs a $200 intel.
The one that has better performance, wins my hard earned cash.

so intel can have it's high top of the line whatever cpu they have right now, and amd can have thier FX-60, but by the end of they day, none of that high end crap means anything to me.

if I was rich, then sure, i'd care, but lets face it - most of us are not rich.

MikeReiner said:
rofl, my mom works at the IRS, and her workstation has a 4 terabyte SCSI hdd...(that or some sort of raid setup, hell if I know.)

meh, I don't give a crap about the latest and greatest.
cutting edge sucks, plain and simple.
what matters to me is price-performance ratio.
for example..
a $200 amd vs a $200 intel.
The one that has better performance, wins my hard earned cash.

so intel can have it's high top of the line whatever cpu they have right now, and amd can have thier FX-60, but by the end of they day, none of that high end crap means anything to me.

if I was rich, then sure, i'd care, but lets face it - most of us are not rich.
LOL quote of the day :D

By cutting edge sucks, i'm referring to the fact it costs so much money.
I simply can't imagine myself spending more than $400 on a new cpu, ever. (unless I become a rich bastard that burns money for heat.)

Back
Top Bottom