What should I get

craigwojo

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I'm moving my home based business into a building and need to get a GOOD starter system.
The computer should be capable of doing 2D graphics (Corel, etc.) with good speed and also will need a 19" monitor.
Need at least 1G of memory and need at least 250G harddrive space.
I've built my own computers in the past but with so many low-priced systems out there I was wondering if I should jump and get some good deals that are available.
Also, needed is a laptop for when I am on the road for doing the business sales and such.
Remember, money is tight and if it wasn't I would just go out and buy the best system out there and wouldn't need to ask all of you these questions. But, you input is greatly appreciated.
Where would be the best product for the best money. Also I would like it if they offered a monthly payment or a lease program for the merchandise.

Thank you,
Craig

If you dont game, or want to upgrade majorly, try DELL? They have some good deals, and would come with a monitor. I mean you can get the cheapest delk with 17" CRT for 300£/$

Have a look anyway

Building your own computer uselly is almost cheapist. However with a prebuilt system you get the security that everything has been tested to work in the box.

I do NOT recomend DELL as there custmor service is horrible.
For a business computer i would recomend Intel. Try the new PD core with VIVE technology.

Gateway makes a nice VIVE system that is a PD 2.8Ghz with one gig of DDR2 memory. a 250GB HD and internal graphics most likely intel extream. But Gateway give you the PCI-E slot on the MB so you can upgrade it later if needed.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=335966&pfp=cat3

The only thing i dont like about this computer is the HD its only a 2mb cach and its kind of clunky.

Also remember that Gateway has been rated last by Consumer Reports. But dont use this one sorce to make your choise. A extended service plan might be a good idea on a Gateway.

kev said:
Building your own computer uselly is almost cheapist. However with a prebuilt system you get the security that everything has been tested to work in the box.

I do NOT recomend DELL as there custmor service is horrible.
For a business computer i would recomend Intel. Try the new PD core with VIVE technology.

Gateway makes a nice VIVE system that is a PD 2.8Ghz with one gig of DDR2 memory. a 250GB HD and internal graphics most likely intel extream. But Gateway give you the PCI-E slot on the MB so you can upgrade it later if needed.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=335966&pfp=cat3

The only thing i dont like about this computer is the HD its only a 2mb cach and its kind of clunky.

Also remember that Gateway has been rated last by Consumer Reports. But dont use this one sorce to make your choise. A extended service plan might be a good idea on a Gateway.

Yes Kev, I agree, customer service is completly crap, a bunch of people who just want to get the day done and go home, and dis their own company, but if you go into most offices/businesses you will see they use DELL. So really it would be up to you. He might have his own techie and would never have to use the DELL service line, but DELL might do him, price wise.

Back
Top Bottom