Windows Pic+Fax viewer bust

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi im currentl;y using windows xp home and no file types with .jpg.gif etc will not open with windows pic and fax viewer. I tried change the file accisation in the registry and using tool options filetypes... If i go into filmstrip view i cannot see a preview of the files all there is just blank white or if i move a window over it it turns to that picture. I tried regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll in the run box...nothing! What should i do. Does any1 know how to resolve this?

If you have your original OS CD, you can try going to Start>Run>sfc /scannow
It will ask for the original OS CD, and insert it. It basically replaces all your system files to original- which sounds like the problem here- something with the picture viewer. Couldn't hurt to try.

It's an > open with < setting. You just have to set what program you want to open your jpg's with. I set mine from the gate to open with IE and all the rest just follow that setting. You only have to set it up from one picture. After that any jpg extension will follow that setting.

Update> I just double checked on that.
Right click on any jpg extension pic. Select properties. A box opens up with a button that says change. Click that and set what program you want to open the pics.

Im aware of that but if i do that the program fails to load. If i go into a folder contianing pictrues and view in filmstrip the area that is suppost to preview the file dosn't. If you run a window over it that window leaves a mark ... teh preview pane is not repainting since it cant repaint. Does anybody know what .dll, .exe files the picture and fax manager uses. I have mulitple operatings and VMWare and i can just nick a file out of there

Thankyou

O btw (if this useful to anyone) I did fix this ages ago

type into run

regsvr32 -u %windir%\system32\shimgvw.dll

then type

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\shimgvw.dll

Back
Top Bottom