Erase Hard drive

Spec

Fully Optimized
Hey, can anyone give me a program or something to completely wipe my hard drive and everything except my OS?

Then, not sure... Try googling for a program that erases your HD. Other than that, try get your hands on a disc.

xzerox said:
Hey, can anyone give me a program or something to completely wipe my hard drive and everything except my OS?

Wipe your hard drive- and keep the OS? I have never seen such a program. If you are going to reformat your hard drive, then you will need an OS cd, to put an OS back on it. The only other thing I can suggest is programs such as partition magic, where you can resize the hard drive. Maybe I'm not understanding.....
You want your OS to be like a fresh install? Without reformatting the hard drive?

If you want to completly wipe your HDD, put it in another computer as slave then format.

Or do you want to keep the OS??

Only possible if you take the time to manually clean it up, app by app, reg edit by reg edit. Trust me, you are better off backing up everything you want to keep, and installing fresh.

Even if you manage to remove programs and settings, you will have a whole lot of junk in your registry. And really the only and best way to clean up the registry is to reformat and re-install the OS. I usually do this about once a year, keeps the PC running smooth. ;)

Back
Top Bottom