? to anyone who knows bout this topic

Mikey1

In Runtime
im thinking bout doing like a record studio thing in my basement cause my friend has a big one in his. All i want is a good program and a thing where i can plug my guitar into the computer and record like that. Any brands or stuff i will need?

I have to post on this one....

First of all, everythings going to be a rip off, let me just tell you that right now. I get my stuff through other means....

Anyways, I've heard good things about garage band but that's only for mac right?

If you want to record eltronica stuff go with Reason or Fruity Loops (need a midi keyboard with Reason)
If you want to record with the guitar go with programs such as Cubase, Acid Loops, Virtual Guitarist....there's also free programs out there you might want to try, like Krystal.

Another great program is called Guitar Rig (1 & 2). It allows you to get many different vintage amps, effects and all kinds of crazy stuff to make your own sounds, and its REALLY good quality. I can send you some sammples if you want.

Anyways, now, in order to record all of this into the programs you need 2 simple things. A male to male input cable and an amp. The cable goes from the headphone/output slot in the amp into the input in the back of the comp, then just plug in the guitar into the input of the amp and you're ready to record.!

respond back if you have any questions :) I think my post was a little cluttered and confusing.

so i takeit the cable i need is the one that has a guitar cable plugin but a headphone plugs into it. ( i have it. ) then that plugs into the mic slot in my computer.?

not really sure what you said. Here, let me clarify what I said though.

Buy a male-to-male cable that has the same head as the guitar cable..infact, you could use another guitar cable if you wanted. Then, I forgot to say this, you will need to buy an adapter to fit it into the back of your computer. So once you have...

1.male to male jack the that fits into your amp
2. an adapter to fit the other end into the comp

You plug the first end into the headphones jack then the adapted end into the comp. sometimes you plug it into the mic slot, sometimes the input. you have to play around with it.

ok i have everything set up as u told me so how do i get started. I have fruityloops so i will use that. how do i know that my guitar is hooked up and able to be played on to computer?

Fruity loops is good for eltronica stuff, buts is really crappy for recording live audio. I suggest you get a free program really quick, like Krystal.

But, you can test your connection by opening up sound recorder under Start>>programs>>Access..>>Entertainment>>>sound recorder and see if records your stuff. (remember to make sure the amp is on, lol)

I actaully would still like Audicity to do this kind of thing. Its free and simple, but allows you to mix tracks together, etc, hear while you record other tracks, and add effects, etc.

Well if your into Professional Recording software, you could have a look at Cakewalk , it's not free, but it shure has a lot of quality into it.

Back
Top Bottom