Unable To Detect Disk

alblil

Baseband Member
-my computer was fine set up with raid 0 (with 2 samsung 160GB HardDrives)
-raid 0 array was erased
-now the computer cannot boot up...at all
-i thought that raid meant that the drives were identical
-i start the windows repair sequence and it results in a message like "windows cannot find a hard disk drive and is now restarting...."

what should i do..i would like to recover my info from one of the drives.

Take the drive out of that computer, and slave it into another machine. You should be able to pull the data back off. Concerning the RAID, you may have to rebuild it, but I forgot what option that is, haven't messed with RAID much.

still need help, because i tried hooking up the hard drive to another computer tp slave...and it did not detect the hard drive. prior to deleteing the array the hard drives were working fine. so a little help would be great.

Since your array is gone, try this. During the BIOS post for the Raid controller it will list what you need to press (something like CTRL+P or some function key you have to tap) to enter the raid controller bios. That is where you define the raid array.

i know how to get into my RAID controls (thats how i deleted it in the first place) the problem is---is that i want to keep my files but have my RAID 0 gone. i already deleted the array but, now i get an error (unable to detect disk please insert OS *something or another*)

Back
Top Bottom