Lost xp password

Let him know there are programs that can do what he needs them to do. He can Google them. If he can find his password.....

He wanted you to figure out how to get around a password.......
so you post the question in a public forum.......
and risk your reputation for someone you know or don't know??????

If someone asked me that, and I didn't know them that well, I would say they are trying to get into something they don't belong. That's not what this forum is for. If he has a legit computer, and he lost his password to Windows (I could understand a Web site or something, but Windows :confused: :confused: ) and if he can prove that the computer is his, then we wouldn't have a problem helping. In a public place such as this, it's hard to tell who just wants to know something, and who wants to get into something. Tell the guy good luck.

... even if he didnt look here it would take 2 seconds to do a google search to figure that one out. in all reality he could have made a better story of my sister was being mean and so on and what not. and if you or any one here is worried about legal action you are being to cautious imho. they cant pin you for anything at all giving information that general let alone shut down this site or they would have to shut down well the internet if you understand waht im saying. hell all the p2p have not shut it down its not going happen any time soon. like may be when the earths liquid metal core stops spinning may be then the internet will get shut down.

im jsut saying that that kind of info is easy to fine he just came here to find it first.

C.S. said:
... even if he didnt look here it would take 2 seconds to do a google search to figure that one out. in all reality he could have made a better story of my sister was being mean and so on and what not.

I agree, a quick Google search could produce the results he needs. It's not hard to do this, IMO.

C.S. said:
and if you or any one here is worried about legal action you are being to cautious imho. they cant pin you for anything at all giving information that general let alone shut down this site or they would have to shut down well the internet if you understand waht im saying. hell all the p2p have not shut it down its not going happen any time soon. like may be when the earths liquid metal core stops spinning may be then the internet will get shut down.

im jsut saying that that kind of info is easy to fine he just came here to find it first.

I'm not worried about legal action, or getting this Web site shut down. According to rule 11: (A) Do not ask for or offer activation codes for software. Also asking for or offering instructions for breaking in to web sites, e-mail, message services, or software is against forum policy.
To me, asking for a way around a password for Windows, is breaking into sofware, especially with the story that was presented. I want to help the guy, but a Windows password is not something you typically forget- sorry, but that's my opinion.

pctechmike said:
Let him know there are programs that can do what he needs them to do. He can Google them. If he can find his password.....

He wanted you to figure out how to get around a password.......
so you post the question in a public forum.......
and risk your reputation for someone you know or don't know??????

If someone asked me that, and I didn't know them that well, I would say they are trying to get into something they don't belong. That's not what this forum is for. If he has a legit computer, and he lost his password to Windows (I could understand a Web site or something, but Windows :confused: :confused: ) and if he can prove that the computer is his, then we wouldn't have a problem helping. In a public place such as this, it's hard to tell who just wants to know something, and who wants to get into something. Tell the guy good luck.

I know him reasonably well, and he's completely computer illiterate. So I'd say that he's probably not lieing...but after you put it like that...I'm ashamed :-[

Id actually say that this this is hard to beleive.. I say YOU do the google search, instead of him. Or head to some other place. Stay around for the legal bit though :D

like arrizx munzik said im more intersted in the legal point of it all. leagly waht can and can not be said here wow never been on a fourm where i could say something illegal... wait isnt that treding on the freedom of speech thing we have going? well then... i believe we can tell some one how to break into a bank but as long as we dont profit or play in part of it. ie actualy plan it out we are fine...

well where can i find these rules of what can and cannot be said?

Back
Top Bottom