Proxy avoidance

I don't see how exchanging this information is illegal. There isn't a guideline specifically stating what's prohibited and isn't, but traditionally mods don't allow the promotion illegal activities which bypassing a filter could be considered.

Reasons why you shouldn't:
1) Not your system to modify
2) The filters are inplace for a reason
3) Gaining access to something you're not suppose to have (This could be considered hacking / cracking which is illegal)
4) You're not at school to surf the web, you're there to learn

Ok so what about the people that post about putting firefox or msn on a usb device to bypass filters?

Wondering why the schools networks are locked down soooooo tight. :rolleyes:
The ones that do this on networks that ARE NOT theirs, are the ones who make it difficult for everyone else. You have the knowledge to bypass some security- great. If you applied that knowledge at the proper place and time, it would be benificial for you, as well as someone else- and you probably would even get paid good to do it. :p
Knowing a password that is not yours is not illegal. Using it is. And if you know it, guess what- yeah OK. :eek:
IMO, this thread fits in with "The system admin has a password on the BIOS, how do I get into it to change something?" It's there for a reason. Use your talent wisely. ;)

RewtGuy said:
I don't see how exchanging this information is illegal. There isn't a guideline specifically stating what's prohibited and isn't, but traditionally mods don't allow the promotion illegal activities which bypassing a filter could be considered.

Reasons why you shouldn't:
1) Not your system to modify
2) The filters are inplace for a reason
3) Gaining access to something you're not suppose to have (This could be considered hacking / cracking which is illegal)
4) You're not at school to surf the web, you're there to learn
Very very sensible RG, I just wish some others were as outspoken as you!
bigstar.gif

Ok so what about the people that post about putting firefox or msn on a usb device to bypass filters?

Method used to bypass a filter isn't relevent. The action itself is what we're focusing on here.

Back
Top Bottom