Political cartoons

Brookfield

Golden Master
What are the members views of political cartoons being shown in a Danish publication?
For the purpose of this thread, I feel that I should remain neutral, that is not to say that I don't have views, I just don't wish to affect members, in the way they think.
As now doubt you know, rioters have trashed embassies in several countries, only this morning another went up in flames,
Let me tell you of the situation, here, in England, no burning of embassies, but very loud, "peaceful" demos, it's the placards, dozens of them, that are concerning the authorities, such words as "Death to....." & "Behead those who....." etc, one very small child on the shoulders of a protester, wore a hat with "I love El Quieda" on it.
The police are considering arresting some of the protesters carrying the most outrageously worded placards

A word of warning;- at the first sign of really heated arguments, especially those containing racial abuse and/or bad language, I shall not hesitate to close what I think could be a very interesting debate.
Please keep it "cool"

I feel that if someone makes fun of you because they say your violent. You protest aganist this fine thats ok no ones going listen to you anyways because its freedom of expression. But now if you go out and burn down a embassy no one is going listen to you and just make poeple mad. You don't protest being amde fun of because your violent by burning down a building. It really doesn't make you look any better. Also the danish cartoons really weren't that bad. The muslim country newspaper has showed worst making fun of christians and jews.

Maurice said:
What are the members views of political cartoons being shown in a Danish publication?
For the purpose of this thread, I feel that I should remain neutral, that is not to say that I don't have views, I just don't wish to affect members, in the way they think.
As now doubt you know, rioters have trashed embassies in several countries, only this morning another went up in flames,
Let me tell you of the situation, here, in England, no burning of embassies, but very loud, "peaceful" demos, it's the placards, dozens of them, that are concerning the authorities, such words as "Death to....." & "Behead those who....." etc, one very small child on the shoulders of a protester, wore a hat with "I love El Quieda" on it.
The police are considering arresting some of the protesters carrying the most outrageously worded placards

A word of warning;- at the first sign of really heated arguments, especially those containing racial abuse and/or bad language, I shall not hesitate to close what I think could be a very interesting debate.
Please keep it "cool"
Dude I am so totally glad that you did not disclose your opinions, not saying anything personally to you, I'm just saying it would have caused an uproar in the forums, it always does, and I will admit have disclosed my opinions, but it was wrong. Thanks man!

Yeah, if you watched Richard and Judy in the UK, they had a talk about it, and yeah, christians for example for years have made fun of it, and don't exactly mind. Its something that christians have gotten used to with films like that Bryan film etc which was a skit.

Muslims, etc though, don't like anything like that, and at the slightest thing, lash out (no offence intended what so ever if your reading this) but if you hear about 1 newspaper sketch, and then look at what happened after, people burning things, litterally thousands walking the streets causing havoc, etc

It makes no sense... over one thing as well...

They say that their religion is against violence yet they burn embassies and threaten to behead people?

Yeah, I tihnk truthully though, parts of their relgion are confused, depending on how you were brought up. I'm not sure all people of that relgion wanted to get up and burn things. Its just some people that have been grown up to the "new" relelion we've been hearing about.

So not all are like that. I'm sure alot of muslims, etc are really nice people. I know of some.

well to put it in a different view most of these countrys still stone people it jsut goes to show how far behind they are. and i have to say there has to be some sort of confusion over there.

Back
Top Bottom