MS Word problem.

kev

In Runtime
Ok for some reason when i copy a some text off of the internet and try and past it into Word useing CTRL C CTRL V Word freezes. Then my computer wont reset either. This never happend before.

Weird. Does it happen with apsolutley every piece of text on the net?

What browser are you using?

Plus, try copying and pasting from another word document, etc. Does it occur then?

If so, maybe a re-installation of Word may be worth doing, though I have no idea what program actually controls the Clipboard...

It sounds like Word is crashing Windows- when this happens- can you Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to task manager? Are you able to do anything, other than push the and hold the power button? Does it happen when you right-click, copy and paste?

Computer Genius said:
If it is a small bit it should be ok. If it is big it could free.
What do you mean "free"

Yes it happens with all text on the web. If i copy like just a word from my google mail its fine but if i copy 10 or so words it crashes.

Yes i can still get to the task manager and close Word that way (in the task manager it still says word is running though)

I am useing IE6

I have tried copying from one document to another that words fine.

I tired repairing Office 1st it said it did but nothing changed. So i reinstalled it by uninstalling it 1st that dident work however i dont think it compleatly uninstlled it because all my Word settings were still the same when it reinstalled. How do i compleatly get rid of Office so i can reinstal it?

Computer Genius said:
my mistake
Oh i see. Yeah its not to much

dfg fg fdg sfgh fgkafdg adfg dfg sdfg sfdg sfdg sdfg

that above would crash it

Well the problem still is there. My techshop said try doing Start - Run - wordpad -a
or somthing like he said this would show what macros are running. When he said that i remembered that when i opend word for the 1st time Adobe came up and said somthing about a macro. i remember i clicked enable macros. could this be the problem?

Also i have noticed that every now and then my computer takes about 4min to shutdown.

Any suggestions

Back
Top Bottom