Lost xp password

outlawstar4761

In Runtime
I lost the password to get onto my machine. It runs windows xp. Is there any way to retrieve it through safe mode or something? Thanks.

I'm afraid the only way legally to do it would be to reformat the portion of the drive Windows is on :(

...I think...

If you needed to back up data, you could always connect another drive with Windows on, copy evreyting to it, and then wipe the other drive and re-install...

No, not really. Boot into safe mode, go into the admin account, and change the password or make a new account there.

How can you lose a password though?

joxely1990

We dont discuess that here. you have been here for some time. YOu should know that now. Jeez.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
joxely1990

We dont discuess that here. you have been here for some time. YOu should know that now. Jeez.

Sorry, it was meant to be a joke, but I suppose you cant hear tones of voice on an internet forum..

sorry guys :(

What did he say?... That post sounds legal to me... its a way around it, but its not illigal. Anyone could do that if it works, since the password protection is made to stp family members, etc. Not to stop theives and so on. And I wouldn't bother to go into Safe Mode just to look at my brothers account for instance.

Okay, but still there is no way of telling if this dude reall lost his password, or, if hes trying to get into a friends or family members or whatnot. But i see where your comming from.

No no. A guy came to me at school this morning claiming that he lost his password and wanted me to figure out how he could find it or change it.

Back
Top Bottom