usb drives

hatedguilt

Baseband Member
My usb drive(r)\s arent being detected, well they are but everytime the usb drive trys to install it says nothing can be found then tells me to go to the internet but i dont have it at home so i dont know what to do. I tryed installing other usb drivers but none of them will load my mp3 player.. I dont know what to do.

What MP3 player have you got?

If it has a external power source, try connecting it up to an AC supply. It may be that your USB connectors don't have enough energy flow to keep it going.

i can't remember if USB ports that are inside the computer are powered or not, but if they are not they may have to be powered inorder to handle your mp3 player

They are powered in some way. Only a very low voltage though to power small devices. Something like 5volts? :s...

Also, I forgot to mention, check that the batteries are new, and so, not flat when connecting up to give the player some more power.

Plus, try having the player on if you need it to be while connecting.

my mp3 player glows when i insert it into the usb drive, the mp3 player has its own powersource and the usb drive give the mp3 player the power to lol so im sure its not the power source.
Maybe if i updated windows xp to service pack 2 that would help? i think the usb ports, drivers are outdated.

P.S. when i tryed to start the human interface device in 'services' it said "error code 126"

Gah this is so frustrating i had so many files on the mp3 player that i needed!..

Back
Top Bottom