Need Help Please Guys?!

phatmattd

Beta member
Ok, Heres the deal. my brand new computer is F*ck*d beyond belief. i used to have a pci wireless nic card and my computer began to restart on it's own. i know purchased a netgear wireless usb adapter and now whenever i plug it in, it restarts but is totally fine besides that. please help.
specs.
-AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 3200+ Processor
-Operating System: XP
-Memory: 512MB DDR (2 × 256MB)
-Hard Drive: 160GB
Drive: 16x DVD±RW
Sound: AC '97 Audio, Dolby 5.1 (6-Channel)
~~Those are emachines.com specs.

~~-PLEASE HELP FRIENDS-~~
Guys, i know alot about computers and this is just stumping me and i am lost without my computer. Please...Thank you in Advance for your help!

I assume you've ran whatever anti-virus and anti-spyware programs you use then? Maybe try posting a Hijackthis log that may give someone a clearer picture to what is going on with your computer.

I assume you are using the correct drivers and everything. Did you try a different wireless adapter, maybe it's the plug in on the comp???

ya guys, i did run spyware, antivirus, everything. it works fine, only when that part goes in does it shut off. i have a new one(linksys) in the mail and will try it as soon as it comes in. please post more guys. thank you

Is there pins, may be a bent pin somewhere, causing a short when you first plug it in.

Back
Top Bottom