Which part of building a pc makes you most scares?

Its probably fitting the heatsink for me, though this was the first computer I've built, so thats probably why. I was scared it'd crack the chip, because I found out after about 5 minutes of trying, I was trying to do it the wrong way....and the lever wasn't clicking into place like it was meant to. One final push though, and CLINK. It worked :p

The second most thrilling should I say, is turning it on and watching things spin up for the first time, especially if you've just fitted lights etc, and just watching how it copes. mine did alright after I fitted the 12v connector, because I wondered what I had done wrong when it wouldn't boot :( I thought I had killed the processor...

when i built my i had to take out the mobo put the fan on and put it back in, i was so scared that i have broke the mobo.

I'll tell you when i try to build my gaming computer... cause i'm sure there's gonna be tense moments. :eek:

Of course no matter how experienced you are when your dealing with higher end machines you know one lil fuck up on your part adn your down the drain a couple 100 bucks. Depending on the product. Thats why you recheck, over and over again and take breaks inbetween the checks because your mind is so set on that you got it RIGHT you won't notice that the CPU fan isn't plug in or somthing exteremely abovius to a rested mind.

1st. When I put the CPU in, thought I might bend some pins. Did exactly that on a AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+. AMD kindly replaced it with a X2 4200+. I'm for AMD.
2nd. That the OS won't load and it hasn't yet. Have been messing with it for about two weeks now. The bIOS doesn't see the HD. Have had some good advice and I've about decided the controller is missing/broke/or something. I see a new mobo in my future.

Hehe, your dreading to hear a put on buzz or something that it's been fried aren't you :p

After you've cursed because you know its dead, the first thing you'll then think of is a radiator, and how you should have earthed yourself first :p

Another thing for me is the RAM, sometimes I have to really push to get it into place, that scares me.

Really? Though yeah, I do understand at some angles, it can be quite hard to get it in line. RAM to my knowledge though is very hard to break, and as for the motherboard, it's only a connection so should take a bit of beating.

CPU. I bent some transistors on a 3.73 ghz p4 intel extreme. I almost cried. Then I got some tweezers and tried to bend them back in place. It worked amazingly!

Sometimes PCI / AGP / PCI-E cards don't line up right. I don't like when I have to use force to get things to work. Especially when it's on a 500 dollar video card...

Back
Top Bottom