Which part of building a pc makes you most scares?

Probably installing the cpu because you can bend a cpu pin so easily and then putting the thermal paste on the cpu with the heatsink after that. Either that, or installing a water block on a gpu on an exposed core... *shivers*

the first powerup is actually i think slightly worse....im always afraid i screwed soemthing up and then im afraid of zapping something

Yeah, that's true too. But the gpu water block still scares me the most...

thats not too bad because theres no water or anything already in it...and if water does get on it before its on just let it dry completely before starting it

To me, there is 3 things:

a mobo
a HDD controller
a PSU

The mobo: If I ever power the computer and it sparks, I can run out of the room, killing my door

The HDD controller: Imagine a controller catching fire...it happened and my god was I ever scared

The PSU: Imaginethe mobo is fried and nothing powers on in the comp...the PSU blows up, having huge pow! It happened quite oftenand I hate when it happens. It can make you crap in your panties

money_man said:
thats not too bad because theres no water or anything already in it...and if water does get on it before its on just let it dry completely before starting it

Haha... you know how easy it is to overtighten the water block and crack the core? That could be a $600 gpu down the drain...

turning over those heatsink knobs on the intel heatsinks, amd's knobs are a lot easier to fix into place. also installing the ram, it feels like the ram is going to break everytime i install ram.

I have to agree with jac here on the water block, but since i'm not into water cooling, my scariest moments would have to be when I frist power it on.

i've had lots of experience with putting in mother boards, CPUs, heat sinks, etc..
but what scares me the most is, what if the PSU fries all your hardware?

A buddy of mine lost his 6800GT and Asus SLI-Deluxe to a bad PSU...

Um CPU its the hardest part. And the first bootup. If somthing burns your screwed. Thats why I always triple check everything REALLY CAREFULLY. On customer builds and I got time i'll put everything together do two quick checks come back 30 to 45 mins later when i'm at rest to boot it up after checking it again. In fact this method has saved me a pretty penny first two chekc ups I missed that I didn't install teh CPU fan right. And I fixe3d it booted it up and I didn't blow anything up.

Nik00117 said:
Um CPU its the hardest part. And the first bootup. If somthing burns your screwed. Thats why I always triple check everything REALLY CAREFULLY. On customer builds and I got time i'll put everything together do two quick checks come back 30 to 45 mins later when i'm at rest to boot it up after checking it again. In fact this method has saved me a pretty penny first two chekc ups I missed that I didn't install teh CPU fan right. And I fixe3d it booted it up and I didn't blow anything up.

Thats probably do when I get my parts for my own system, check, recheck, then check again.

Back
Top Bottom