Some help

I think the Asus and DFI motherboards are the two hottest motherboards right now. Other good motherboards include Abit and MSI. If you're going to be getting the specs I listed above, it's preferable you get a power supply around 450watts and higher. Most of the 7800GT's recommend that. It doesn't hurt to have more power though.

what are some cheap crap mother board models I should look out for... I know from experiance EG elite groups blow...

oh yea and also, bottlenecking.. how do I aviod that.. some guy at MDG said that if I get to much RAM or something it'll bottleneck my system... could someone explain that?

More RAM can bottleneck a system? I don't see how it could. RAM is one of the fastest component in a PC and I don't think by having more could bottleneck a system. It just won't be used. I can understand if a hard drive is a bottleneck because they are. THose spinning mechanical devices in there is already a bottleneck itself.

I don't think those specs will bottleneck your system. Unless you want a faster CPU to go with a high performance video card. Then a good motherboard can be used too, but that's going to cost a bunch more.

if u get 2 gigs of ram make sure its 2x1gig and not 4x512mb cause that puts to much strain on the cpus memory controller, now when u go to see this comp guy make sure he doesnt talk u into getting an intel cause theyre no good for gaming and try to get the 7800gt vid card because its an amazing card, keep in mind that intels look faster because of the faster clocks but theyre not, amds just do more per clock thats all

alright sweet thx man, and is any athalon 64 over 3000 good? and whats with the city names..

Back
Top Bottom