Which part of building a pc makes you most scares?

joxley1990

Golden Master
Which part of building a pc scares you the most?

Jamxx gave me the inspiration for this.
Which part of building computers scares you the most, or just in general computing, mine is that first time i go to switch it on, is it guna work? is it guna blow? is it dead?

so what scares u the most?

due to a bad past experience i'm scared about hardware compatibility. my dumb old version of linux was quite selective about hardware. was dual booting win 98 and whatever linux that was. found that linux liked all the hardware(horray right....wrong) but win 98 had no drivers for the mobo and none were provided. now know it was just stupidity on my part but still always scared.

I don't know if it's considered part of building a computer but almost everyone has to do it at least once and that's reformatting. I hate it. I almost scared when I realize I have to do it. lol

Distortion88 said:
I don't know if it's considered part of building a computer but almost everyone has to do it at least once and that's reformatting. I hate it. I almost scared when I realize I have to do it. lol

reformatting doesn't bother me at all, I do it all the time lol.

I've never built a PC before, but if I was I'd probably be worried about the CPU heatsink and fan.

Yeah, reformatting is the easy part because you know you have nothing to lose. Everything's gone already. CPU and heatsink installation is a piece of cake as long as you are extra careful at handling them. I guess a part that gets to me too is the USB headers. I hate installing those tiny wires into the pins. Even the case wires are a pain in the butt to install.

Alright so maybe reformatting isnt scary so to speak but i do still hate doing it.

I'd say that it's installing the cpu for me, if u have to put the thermal paste there. If the hs has a thermal pad then it's not that scary.

And yeah, the moment when u press the start button for the 1st time makes my heart beat faster.

Back
Top Bottom