Partitions?

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey.

I have two partitions because I have a hard drive over 137 GB, and I'd like to make it all into one since Windows now recognizes hard drives over 137 GB (that was fixed in SP2, right?)... Any way I can do this free? I've tried two programs, but they do the same thing: when you apply changes it says you must buy the whole program :mad: :mad:... Any ideas on what I can use to delete the smaller (and unoccupied) partition and put that space into the bigger partition?

Thanks!

Have you tried looking into the Administrative Tools and going to Computer Management there? I think you can tinker your partitions in there. I never tried. But they say it's better to use PartitionMagic or something like that to alter partitions on the HDD when Windows is already installed on there.

Thanks. That didn't exactly solve my problem, but it worked. I just deleted that second partition, then left it as unallocated space. I can always make a parition there if I run out of space. :D

Any other ideas though?

You could always use the FDISK or Windows disc to delete the partitions. Then reformat everything from scratch all over again. I need to do that with my HDD. It's cluttered up and junk. But first, I need to buy one of those external hard drives to make my backups. I've got Norton Ghost, but that's like taking an image of my drive which I don't want now. I should have taken an image when I had everything reformatted last time.

Back
Top Bottom