Vista is a rip off, Mac OS Tiger Rules

shhhh, take a chill pill.
Windows is just a krapy kopy of mac os (1984!)
And the apple mouse has 4 touch sensitive buttons and a 360 scroll wheel

Yeah, to tell the truth, its just schools, etc that don't put the extra mouse buttons in.

I don't want this to turn into an argument. I'm fed up to tell the truth of MACs and Windows competing. They are for different purposes, for different people. Theres no point.

The point of the thread was to say Viesta is a rip off. Fine, maybe it has features like Apple to make it easier to use. The most common things you could think of. Apple use all the ways of hiding bars, etc, and suddenly Windows can't use them?

Alright, if Microsoft used all the MAC tihngs first, would mac people complain if Mac decided to use some of the features?... I doubt it.

So, to settle this, of course ideas, etc are going to get passed forward, etc and shuffled around. There aren't THAT many different ways to make a user interface that works. This simplest things, MAC thought of first to make it easier.

But in a way, this isn't Microsoft's fault. Microsoft decided to keep with the software deiven interface that couldn't have all the complex effects MAC is offering, and now Windows can, why shouldn't they make it easier to use as well?...

Like I said above, hiding windows, showing windows infront, etc like MAC does, is a simple thing that any user interface should use anyway to make it simple enough for the user intended.
Its not like its in a book of complex coding that no one else can use.

I hope people understand what I'm getting at.

AS FOR THE COMPUTERS:

As for the computing styles, etc. This wasn't what the thread was about. A mac is a designed piece of kit from the ground up for a purpose. A PC can use any parts, and can have any look because companys can make cases, etc. You don't see companys making cases for MAC, etc because MAC computers are built like a case by a company in the first place.
Its a different computer!

I see your point, Kage.

Forgive me if I was a little childish and immature, I was sorta on fire at the moment. (if you get what I mean)

But in a more inteligent manner, I believe my point was that Mac simply does not have enough applications and programs to satisfy the average gamer.
Even if vista looks just like MAC OS X, it will not be MAC OS X.
I will still be able to play my games on vista, and not on MAC OS X.

So if windows is a "krapy kopy", then it is a good one.
the popularity has without a doubt flown towards this "kopy".

Reasons I will not go to Macosx:
not enough applications,
not enough games,
no freedom of customization,
costs too much money.

so sorry, i'll have to go with the "kopy".

Go with what suites your needs, the gamer will like windows, the creative artist will love mac.

I am however, somewhat nervous about vista, I wont be throwing out my copy of windows 2000 or xp any time soon.

in any case, i've made my point and will no longer post in this thread.

Yeah, but this thread wasn't about the Cost of the MAC, etc. It was about the Operating System.

But yeah, Macs are good for people that have gotten used to MAC software. Mac aren't very good at offering 3rd party applications i don't think. Though games are becoming more popular on MAC which is why more companies are making games for them too.
Alot of production houses are also starting to use Macs more as they offer a slight bit more degree of professionalism for some reason, but to me, PC will always have the upper hand, with Windows of course, but I'm used to Windows.

I have to admit, I like the way the Mac operating system works sometimes, and its simplicity, but the things it offers in terms of applications (what its entirely used for) isn't for me.

But anyone reading this thread, take point of what I said above in the last post. It seems to make perfect sense through my eyes.

Kage said:
Oh well. Its bound to happen sometime that the difference would shelter away. Just like whats happening with audio products now. Were seeing a type of join that now were using touch instead of buttons, etc.

This is just the next step, and doens't really bother me. The MAC OS has some good features, and I'm glad windows are taking some of it onboard. It just another product.

Mac people will stick to mac,
Windows people will stick to Windows.

So, I don't see the big deal. I couldn't imagine windows keeping to how there working at the moment anyway. All the Mac features just make tihngs easier, and Windows are just doing the same type of things, because they are the most logical things to make tihngs easier on the user.

So doesn't bother me.

Well, just to put something else in.......take a look at the exchange rate of pc users turning to mac and then look at the amount of people going from mac to pc. mac pwns.

rusbo.uk said:
Well, just to put something else in.......take a look at the exchange rate of pc users turning to mac and then look at the amount of people going from mac to pc. mac pwns.

Macintosh does own. However, Linux owns more! Besides, both of them are *nix systems. The big difference is that Linux is way more customizable than OS X

That's what I need to do next. Build me a Linux system. My sister's husband supports and maintains Linux servers at his company. I never used Linux before but I hear it's up and coming OS that will give Microsoft a run for their money eventually. Apple's Mac OS is surging as well especially with the new Intel contract. Interesting things starting to happen.

Back
Top Bottom