How old were you when you first built a computer?

I have yet to build one (I'm 17)

I was going to build one but then I got my current one as a surprise, so there's no need yet.

I was 17. Our computers were built by my dads mate until I actually watched him do the second one. I then realised how easy it was, and by that point was very interested in how PC's themseleves work. Not just the software, so then I built the great one I'm using now :p (Sarcastic, but at the time it was a great PC, and in some ways it still is :D)

13...when I rebuilded my Celeron 366MHZ...and fried my PS/2 mouse port :(

Stupid wired stuff :mad:

16 for me...I made my first upgrade by putting some more RAM in my dell

And of course I ended up breaking it :D

15. Also you guys that know how to build computers are ahead of most poeple. There is money in it. And alot trust me I know. With a 10% mark up I made 200 bucks a few weeks ago. That build has got 3 people interseted. 2 of which are in the air force and got the money the other one is a iffy. The other guy said he wants to do research and will get back to me tomorrow. However growing up I would often time repair stuff. One time I fixed a old VCR of my dads. Neither I or my dad have any idea how I did it. We took it to a repair shop and all. So one day I played with it. I took some stuff off. Put it back on. Clicked a few buttons really not knowing what I was doing and it worked. And I did that several times growing up. But with customer builds I don't do that. It could get $$$ on higher end builds.

I'm 20 at the moment. Haven't built one fully yet (done a few bits here and there), but would like to... Too scared I might bugger something up, lol. But if I ever do know enough to build one... I will, once I get over the fear of buggering things up.

16 on my first failed attempt. I am 27 now and am going to start building a gaming computer quite soon so if i get stuck i know where to turn... :p

Dell pulling out of the business would be about as likely as Microsoft completely shutting dowm.

I'm 16 and i ve never built a a computer that worked for more than 2 weeks.
I took 2 broken computers and made them into 1 working computer but they were just old pentiums.

Back
Top Bottom